Access to Sexual Education is the process of providing knowledge and understanding that caring, positive environments are necessary for the development of a positive self image and that every person is in charge of and responsible for their own sexual health.
Sexual Education also provides information about the process of reproduction and the nature of sexuality and relationships it also encourages development of other attitudes and skills which enables people to manage their relationships in a healthy and responsible manner.
Access to Health Services is the ability for all people regardless of disability, ethnicity, race or social status to receive health services and support in order to improve or protect their health.
Cultural, financial and social barriers limit the accessibility, affordability and availability of health services for Youth with Disabilities in Africa.
AYWDN aims to address barriers that hinder Youth with Disabilities from accessing sexual education and health services by partnering with key stakeholders like sexual health educators and medical service providers to implement solutions for these long standing issues that continue to pose a serious threat in the lives of thousands of Youth with Disabilities in Africa.
To ensure that Youth with Disabilities in Africa are receiving Sexual Education and have access to equal, affordable and reliable health services.
To work collaboratively with a cross section of stakeholders like local health educators, medical service providers, public health officials to ensure that Youth with Disabilities in Africa are receiving much needed sexual education and can access health services and support.
- Ongoing sexual education and resources for Youth with Disabilities in Africa.
- Reduced HIV infection rates, abuse incidences among Youth with Disabilities in Africa.
- Disability awareness training to sensitize educators, health service providers and workers about the issues and health concerns of Youth with Disabilities in Africa.
- Improved health services for Youth with Disabilities in Africa.
- Subsidized health care for Youth with Disabilities in Africa.
- Sexual abuse prevention and reproductive health information provided in accessible formats particularly for Youth Women with Disabilities in Africa.
- Ongoing Research, Documentation and Dissemination of information on Access to Sexual Education and Health Services for Youth with Disabilities in Africa.