As we inch closer and closer to the 2015 target date for the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) it is important to assess and discuss if the MDGs have helped to address key issues facing our Youth with Disabilities in Africa.
The question is have Youth with Disabilities in Africa benefited? Which of the MDGs implemented have been of most impact in the lives of Youth with Disabilities in Africa?
At a glance the Millennium Development Goals:
- Eradicating extreme poverty and hunger,
- Achieving universal primary education,
- Promoting gender equality and empowering women,
- Reducing child mortality ,
- Improving maternal health,
- Combating HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases,
- Ensuring environmental sustainabity, and
- Developing a global partnership for development
We are keen to receive your feedback and comments. Remember to include your country when commenting/responding to the post – thanks!